White paper: Building the Blockchain Logistics Protocol
This whitepaper is for informational purposes only and is not an offer or solicitation to sell shares or securities or any other investment instrument in OpenPort or any affiliated company in any jurisdiction.
OpenPort Tokens are not securities, nor are they intended to resemble a security (debt or equity) in any form or in any jurisdiction. As such, OPN holders will not have any ownership rights in OpenPort Limited, or in its group of companies (including the yet to be set up foundation – see section 2.5). This follows that OPN holders will not have voting rights, right to dividends, or a right to share in the revenue. Instead, OPN are intended to be exchanged for transport services and redeemed by transporters and drivers. OPN are not intended for speculative use and any speculative buyers do so at their own risk of possible financial loss. OpenPort Tokens are not evidence of ownership or right to control. Holders of OpenPort Tokens are not granted ownership or equity in OpenPort, or in the OpenPort platform, nor do OpenPort Tokens grant any right to participate in the control, direction or decision making of OpenPort or the OpenPort application.
The information and analyses presented in this whitepaper should not relied upon to form the basis of any investment decision. Potential buyers of OPN should seek appropriate legal, tax, financial and other professional advice as to the implications of buying OPN.
This whitepaper may not be reproduced or distributed, in part or in whole, absent the entirety of this Risk Disclosure section. This whitepaper may not be reproduced and distributed to any country or jurisdiction where distribution of documents of this sort may be restricted or prohibited. OpenPort expressly disclaims any and all responsibility for any direct or consequential loss or damage of any kind whatsoever arising directly or indirectly from: (i) reliance on any information contained in this whitepaper, (ii) any error, omission or inaccuracy in any such information, or (iii) any action resulting therefrom.
This whitepaper has not been examined or approved by any regulatory agency of any jurisdiction. The publication and distribution of this whitepaper does not imply that the applicable laws, rules or regulatory requirements in any jurisdiction have been complied with.
Caution regarding ‘Forward-Looking Statements’
This whitepaper discusses the plans and forecasts of OpenPort as regarding the development of its business through blockchain technology. It must be emphasized that these forward-looking statements do not, necessarily, reflect historical facts but instead discuss OpenPort’s future plans.
These forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual future results, performance or achievements of OpenPort to materially differ from those discussed or anticipated in the whitepaper. These risk factors include, among others:
- OpenPort may be unable to realize the plans for investment and product development discussed in this whitepaper due to:
- Poor investment decisions
- Changes in customer preferences or market conditions
- Unavailability of talented and qualified workforce
- Insufficient capital to fully develop products
- Changes in legal, social, and economic conditions in the countries where OpenPort operates which could negatively impact OpenPort’s operations
- Changes in the regulation of crypto-currencies and blockchain networks which could limit OpenPort’s ability to legally operate as planned in certain countries or jurisdictions. The functioning OpenPort tokens could be impacted by one or more regulatory inquiries or actions, including the licensing of or restrictions on the use, sale, or possession of digital tokens, which could impede, limit, or end the development of the OpenPort platform
- Catastrophic or long-term technical or security failures in the Ethereum Blockchain
- Dramatic changes in exchange rates between OPN and other crypto or fiat currencies
- Force Majeure circumstances such as wars, acts of terrorism, or natural disasters
The above risk factors and others could have a negative impact on OpenPort’s ability to fulfil its business plan. This could lead to significant deterioration of value of OpenPort tokens.